2010/09/19

Little Jug of Nastiness


This 10 oz bottle of orange liquid has been sitting on my desk for a week. They gave it to me at the last visit so that I can begin my glucose tolerance test before I get to the office and save some time. I appreciate this, but every time I glance at it, the idea of chugging it down seems even less appealing.

It was a definite disappointment for me in medical school to see how little the practice of medicine focuses on prevention, i.e. good nutrition and exercise. This bottle just seems to send the wrong message. The test itself is worthwhile, and I'm glad they do it, but why do they have to pick a drink loaded with artificial flavors and yellow #6? I'll just take the sugar with a hint of lime thanks.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

it's better in the cold, so pop in the fridge!