2010/03/28

Food for Thought

I thought this slide show was fascinating. Check out the "feast" Jesus was eating at The Last Supper.

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20353913_2,00.html

I visited chef Jan (my mom) this weekend. Here is what she fed me:

Saturday Dinner:
Grass-fed organic beef meatloaf - I've never tasted meatloaf so good.
Sauteed organic snap peas, julienne carrots, shallots - I can't quite recall how many second helpings I had.
Organic baked potato and homemade whole wheat bread (kneeded with mom's own hands).

Sunday Lunch:
Organic turkey
Organic cauliflower and broccoli
Organic mashed potatoes turnips
Organic homemade (by mom) chutney



That Jesus ate little more than a few small rolls on His last supper yet I could eat two such meals in the same weekend is food for my reflection. Some of you might not be impressed by the veggies, but if you've ever seen me at a salad bar, you'd know this is just my flavor. I wish He could have had a taste.

1 comment:

Julie Kelber said...

That sounds delicious. I am so jealous. Yes, I know. Move to Boston. Jesus' supper was probably also organic. Didn't he have lamb for Passover? Perhaps he didn't feel like eating.

Is your blog spot printing code on your rough drafts of your posts?