2008/11/01

Happy Birthday Big Ricky and Little Hardy


October 2nd marks the birthday of both Ricky's dad and our only nephew (yet!), Hardy. So after Scott's wedding, we zoomed across town to Hardy's birthday party at Gymboree. We caught the tail end of the cake eating, which featured blue icing smeared all over the faces of a bunch of two year olds. In my heart, I wanted to join them. I had never been to a Gymboree, but the kids were crazy about it. There were so many bright colors, climbing objects and soft things to land on. I watched Hardy practice going up the stairs, down the stairs and over and over again, getting a kick out of it each time. Hardy has grown so much. He's obsessed with Thomas the tank engine (and friends), and is so proud of his new skills, like walk-running around the house, which he also did over and over and over. I love this picture of him checking out his super cool shadow.

No comments: