2008/09/08

Breaking The News


It was my privilege to help break the news to my dear dad that he is soon to be a grandpa! BEFORE any of you get excited that the yankee hardys have news of their own, please review the previous post...we Bonner sisters are thus far entering this monumental life stage according to age. Getting to the point...it is my big sis that's providing a warm comfy home for something I like to call "The Bean." I like this name because the bean is only 3 weeks past becoming a diplotype! (nerd humor for sperm meets egg) Anywho, dad was the last to know because Julie played it all to cool on his voicemail, and he thought he could wait for the weekend to give the call back. During this interim eternity during which everyone else knew the news, we began devising backup plans for the news broadcast. Julie thought of flowers, and I offered the delivery. Now there is something inherently different about telling your dad news like "I'm pregnant," but judging by the picture, it looks like he's happily ready to fill that special elbow nook once again (perhaps while also giving some granfatherly advice).

No comments: